Consider for a moment...
Wherever you're sitting right now, there is gold in the room.
I'm referring, of course, to the 'gold' represented by the value of your own experience.
The sheer diversity, depth and potential impact of past experience is HUGE. The reason I know this is because I've spent years helping people achieve massive impact for the benefit of the listeners, whether it's...
- The prisoner in Brixton jail
- The refugee social entrepreneur from Zimbabwe
- The CFO for a world-famous hotel
- The newly promoted Consultant Anaesthetist in a major hospital
- The Production Director for a major aluminium processing facility
The challenge we face is that, like gold in the natural world, the true value of personal experience isn't just 'lying around'.
It has to mined, gathered and refined.
Too often, we consistently underestimate the true value of our own personal/professional experience.
We assume, mistakenly, that 'no-one would ever be interested in that'.
Discussing the power of storytelling with 3 World Champions of Public Speaking - Ed Tate, Manoj Vasudevan and Darren LaCroix, Vancouver, Canada - August 2017
Practical, intensive and interactive sessions with me on Leadership Storytelling...
Are about changing that. They help your team to source, mine and exploit the true value of that gold, for the benefit of stakeholders.
- Identify experience with business value potential
- Be more imaginative in your leadership communication
- Ensure your story is told in a relevant and engaging way
- Bring 'dry content' to life
- Connect more deeply with listeners
- Be more inspirational as a leader
Oh and some final words of reassurance: as I explained to a group of French hydroelectric turbine engineers in Nantes a while back...
Leadership Storytelling is NOT about publicising your private life. It IS about personalising your professional experience... for the benefit of listeners.
"Simon brought his vast experience to the subject of storytelling which he masters wholly... skilfully guided members through his unique series of techniques for both developing and delivering relevant business stories that, by definition, can belong only to each business concerned.
An excellent morning and highly recommended."
Gordon Bromley, Chairman, Surrey & SW London, Academy for Chief Executives
"Thank you for a wonderful session. Feedback is frighteningly good."